Common skin problems and what to do about them
At the Dermatology Treatment and Research Center of Dallas, TX, our professionals see patients regularly with many common skin conditions. Below are just a few that our doctors typically see in the office and the effective ways to treat and manage them:
- Acne. Acne is a unique but common condition that causes the formation of pimples and pustules that can become large, painful, and irritated. Many individuals can control this condition with over-the-counter acne cleansers and products, while others might need assistance from a dermatologist.
- Rosacea. Rosacea is a chronic condition of the skin that can cause redness and flushing triggered by situations such as spicy foods, alcohol, or even just minimal sun exposure. Treatment of rosacea includes managing it by avoiding triggers and seeking skincare products that do not irritate the skin.
- Psoriasis. Psoriasis is a condition that causes large areas of skin cells to reproduce quickly and cause the formation of plaque on the skin's surface. It is commonly seen in areas such as the elbows and knees but can be found anywhere on the body. Certain skin treatments may be recommended to manage psoriasis and reduce the scaling skin that remains.
- Eczema. Eczema is a common skin disorder that can result in itching and rashes throughout the body and skin. It is often controlled with prescription-strength creams and proper skincare techniques.
- Skin cancer. Skin cancer is a serious condition which should never be taken lightly, as certain types, such as melanoma, can be deadly. Dermatologists often recommend that everyone has an annual skin cancer screening to look for the signs of problems as early as possible. With an early diagnosis and successful treatment, many patients can eliminate cancer and live a healthy lifestyle!
How do I connect with a trained dermatologist in the area of Dallas, TX?
Drs. William Abramovits, Clay Cockerell, and Ross Radusky of the Dermatology Treatment and Research Center in Dallas, TX, are experienced in providing patients with the care and treatment of these and other common skin conditions. Call 972-661-2729 to request an appointment at the office and get the diagnosis and treatment you need to feel confident and enjoy healthy, beautiful skin!