What to expect at your first dermatology appointment
Whether you are struggling with acne or eczema, rashes or scarring, a dermatologist is a professional that can help. Dermatologists are medical professionals with a focus in the hair, skin, and nails. They are well-versed in common (and rare) disorders that may impact a patient’s appearance and self-esteem. But what happens during your first dermatology visit? What can you expect when you arrive at the office and speak with the doctor? At the Dermatology Treatment and Research Center, we work regularly with patients who are interested in learning more about the ways in which a dermatological professional can assist them.
What to expect during your first dermatology appointment
Patients who call the Dermatology Treatment and Research Center and schedule an appointment with one of our doctors have already taken the first step towards their next appointment. Here are a few recommendations for patients to help them prepare for their visit:
- At intake, our front office team will take your name and insurance information at the desk.
- Patients will be asked to fill out paperwork regarding our HIPPA policy, their medical history, and ay skin concerns that they are interested in having evaluated by our dermatological professionals.
- Patients will be called back from the waiting room to our examination room and vitals are taken.
- Patients can consult quickly with the nurse regarding the reason for their appointment.
- The doctor will be called in, during which he or she may ask questions about one’s condition and perform a physical evaluation
- If any imaging or testing needs to be done, this may be completed during the same appointment.
- Patients will be given a proper diagnosis and will learn about their treatment options available to them.
Call the Dermatology Treatment and Research Center today
Dallas, TX area patients interested in scheduling a dermatology appointment can do so with the help of our front office staff. Our facility, located at 5310 Harvest Hill Road, Ste. #160, is available to new and established patients and welcomes individuals who are interested in general or cosmetic dermatology solutions. Drs. William Abramovits, Stephanie Saxton-Daniels, and Clay Cockerell can be reached at (972) 661-2729.