Essential Fall Skin Care
It is not unusual for patients of the Dermatology Treatment and Research Center of Dallas, TX to start getting excited for the changing seasons. This is especially true for fall. There’s just something about cooler days and pumpkin spiced lattes that makes the transition into autumn a little more special! But did you know that during these seasonal changes, you should be speaking with a professional about changing up your skincare routine? During the summer months, higher humidity levels help the skin stay moisturized, but during the drier fall months, it may need a little help. Dr. Clay Cockerell are dermatologists at our practice that can educate patients on the tips and recommendations needed to mix up their fall skincare routine!
How should your skincare routine change for the autumn season?
Below are just a few of our doctors’ recommendations regarding the transition into essential fall skin care solutions:
- Hydrate sensitive skin with collagen, elastin, or aloe products
- Change to a thicker moisturizer to hydrate the skin and retain moisture
- Utilize a moisturizer on the lips to help avoid chapped lips
- Add eye creams into your routine
- Reduce the use of retinoids and exfoliants on the skin
- Continue to utilize a high SPF sunscreen on exposed skin each day
- Integrate added Vitamin C into your skincare products and daily oral supplements
- Utilize a humidifier during the fall and winter in areas where you spend the most time
- Speak to your dermatologist about the current health of your skin and recommended products
With the assistance of our dermatological team, we can make recommendations for proper skincare products that are available at our office or over-the-counter at your local drugstore.
Considering a switch in your skincare routine for fall?
Contact the team of the Dermatology Treatment and Research Center in Dallas, TX to connect with our doctors and work with a professional to develop an appropriate line of skincare products to enhance the skin during the fall season. Dr. Clay Cockerell can assist. Call to make an appointment at (972) 661-2729 and visit the office at 5310 Harvest Hill Road, Suite #160.